By: Chef Om Nayank (Owner, the Pasta Bowl Company)
1) CAPPELLACCI DI ZUCCA : Fresh Stuffed Pasta
Serves 5 portions
• 5 eggs
• 350 grams pasta flour, plus more for dusting
• 1 tablespoon Olive oil for marination of Butter nut pumpkin
• 1 garlic clove
• 600 grams butternut pumpkin
• 100 grams freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
• Freshly grated nutmeg
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 100 grams butter
• Fresh sage leaves
Making the Dough
1. Mix Eggs, Flour and salt. Knead Well. About 3 mins should be ok. Keep it for 30 mins.
Making the Filling
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet. Peel and Cut the Pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and cut into small dices Bake the squash for 45 mins along with garlic or until well cooked
3. Place it in a bowl, mesh it well, stir in the cheese and grate the nutmeg and some crushed pepper corns and mix well.
Making the Pasta
4. Roll out the pasta dough very thin so as to literally see the yellowish filling inside
5. Cut the pasta sheet into 2 ½ inch squares.
6. Place 1 spoon of filling and stick the parallel ends together to form a triangle and then stick the other ends together for form the Cappellacci.
7. In boiling water, cook Cappellacci for 3-4 mins approximately or Until firm or as they say “Al Dente”
8. Melt the butter in a pan and add sage leaves
9. Transfer Cappellacci to the pan, add few spoons of stock if needed.
10. Check on the seasoning.
11. Top up with some Parmesan Cheese. Serve Hot.
2)RISOTTO ALLA ZUCCA:- Italian Creamy Rice
Serves 5 portions
500 grams Arborio Rice
300 grams Roasted Butter Nut Pumpkin
120 grams Butter
100 grams Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
2 grams rosemary leaves
2 cloves of Garlic
3 table spoon chopped Onion
1.25 ltr Stock
• To the pan add butter, garlic and onions. Sauté till transparent
• Add roasted Butternut Pumpkin and Arborio Rice
• While stirring, keep adding stock in the batches of 250 ml each
• Once half done add rosemary leaves
• After adding all the stock OR nearing Rice being soft add Parmesan Cheese
• Check Seasoning and add crushed black pepper
• Serve Hot
About The pasta Bowl Company:-
Conceptualised by Chef Om’s Hospitality, The Pasta Bowl Company came into existence in April 2013 to soon become the top 10 restaurants of Gurgaon. The award winning restaurant is the first step of Ms. Aditi Bicholia and Chef Om Nayak, to build an authentic food enterprise.
Committed to deliver authentic Italian experience to the diners, the husband-wife duo has not designed the restaurant on the format of an Italian eatery but kept it true to the Italian-Sicilian cuisine through their innovative menu.
Since Indians and Italians are very similar in food habits, cultural values and gestures, the company is on the mission to create right set of awareness for authentic Sicilian cuisine in the country to set new benchmarks in the dining business.
About Chef Om Nayak:-
Chef Om Nayak is an award winning Chef, restaurateur and a true culinary explorer. He started his entrepreneurial journey with Chef Om’s Hospitality in 2009, where he consults for various successful Hospitality Businesses and has a feather of creating ventures all across India, Mid-East, UK and Hongkong.
A young dynamic Chef Om Nayak conceptualized The Pasta Bowl Company in 2013 when his wife Aditi Bicholia came up with the idea of opening a speciality restaurant. It was the next step in his culinary journey and the first step in establishing an authentic and distinguished food enterprise. The Pasta Bowl Company is a reflection of his experience and love for Italian cuisine. He specially chose to focus and experiment with Sicilian Cuisine as he feels it’s more suited and likable to the Indian pallet.